Saturday, March 31, 2012

Daddy come quick!

Alexis burst into the house from out side, yelling "Daddy! Daddy! Come quick! It's important!". So I got up from folding clothes, slipped on my shoes as fast as possible, and went outside. I don't know what exactly I expected to find, mostly Josie in a heap having fallen off the swing set or something similar. What I got instead was, "Look! We found a worm! It's name is squiggles!". Alexis then explained, in detail, that it might have come up from the ground to escape a predator like a mole or something like that...

Ah what I wouldn't give to see the world with that kind of joy, amazement, and curiosity again, just for one day... 

1 comment:

  1. I was on the subway to Coney Island a couple years ago with a bunch of day campers, average age maybe around 6yrs. The train goes above ground through parts of Brooklyn, and there's this curve where you can see the Wonder Wheel and the Cyclone and the ocean... and they all started SCREAMING and QUIVERING and jumping and running around, because their little bodies Could Not Contain their excitement. And I wondered then... when was the last time I was that excited about Anything?!?

    ReplyDelete